July 24, 2010

Insights from a Donor, now a Volunteer!

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Charlie Bond.  I am a donor to Amazon Community Animal Rescue, Education and Safety (Amazon CARES). Since June 21, I have been a volunteer for Amazon CARES in Peru. I am seeing the amazing work of Amazon CARES up close and for the first time.


Over the past month, I have had the opportunity to see veterinarians at work on behalf of CARES. They have been involved in campaigns sterilizing dogs and cats and ridding them of fleas, ticks, internal parasites and mange. The humane education campaigns are front and center, taking place along with the free Veterinary clinics. I am also pleased to report that CARES distributes anti-parasite medications to the human population as well, with over 7700 treatments distributed in 2010 alone.

As an Amazon Cares donor and volunteer, I wish to thank you for your support of this cause. Having seen work of Amazon CARES first-hand, I am more convinced than ever that my donations to this charity are well-spent. Come to Iquitos; see what I have seen; and you will be inspired to donate generously to this selfless cause. If you can not visit Iquitos, keep up with Amazon CARES through their website, subscribe to this blog, and follow them on Twitter! You will see that your support is needed and not a penny goes to waste.

As you know, Amazon CARES oversees the welfare of domestic animals in the Amazon region of Peru, focusing its efforts in Iquitos, rural areas and communities as distant as Columbian and Ecuadorian border villages.


The number of abandoned and stray animals in Iquitos is astounding. Yet, a significant decrease in these numbers through animal birth control campaigns, rescue and re-homing, along with a healthy dose of education has made a difference due to the diligent work of Amazon Community Animal Rescue, Education and Safety.

Sincerely,

Charlie Bond
Nashville, TN

P.S. I welcome your feedback and comments. Please write and tell me if and why you support CARES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts! Please comment below! Comments are moderated and spam comments will be deleted.