April 17, 2010

Reaching out to the Hispanic Community: How I can "Be the Change"

For the past several days I have been blogging about the first ever pet blogging conference, Blog Paws 2010, held in Columbus, Ohio.

I have finally had my inspiration as to how I can uniquely contribute to the Be the Change Challenge!  On April 16th attendees of Blog Paws and many more blogged about ways they would support http://www.petswithoutparents.net.  My initial idea, to donate my Birthday Wish to this worthy cause was not possible because Pets Without Parents doesn't have a "Cause Page" on Facebook.  However, they ARE on Facebook, and follow them here.  So here is my idea, a unique form of reaching new donors.  I am going to reach out to my Spanish speaking community, many of whom reside in the US.  I will do this through @CARESinSpanish on Twitter, our Spanish newsgroup on Yahoo which is very active, and by promoting the challenge on our less active Spanish blog.  I will have to translate some documents to get this underway, but Be The Change should continue...  So let's see what happens when I reach out to a new community of possible Donors.  I believe I am the only Blog Paws attendee in this unique position.  So here goes....!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to help bring to cause to more people. Good luck with your endeavor.

    Felissa
    www.twolittlecavaliers.blogspot.com
    www.felissahadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your thoughts! Please comment below! Comments are moderated and spam comments will be deleted.