June 11, 2007

Sudden loss of beloved pet, Sydney

Volunteer Harry with Sydney & Marilyn

Pictured above is Vet Tech and Master Dog Catcher Harry. He is with Sydney and Marilyn. Now Marilyn is my pet in the U.S.A.!

This morning I received some very difficult news. My pet, Sydney, a rescue dog from the US, died at 1:30 AM. She was only 7 years old. She had contracted a virus common in the jungle. A few nights ago I slept in town and spent quality time with her (she has been staying at the vet clinic for treatment). In any case, the topic is fresh and the work we are doing today is a great distraction. I won’t write more about her at this time. At the end of the day I must acknowledge the kindness and compassion shown towards me by everyone about the loss of my pet, Sydney. During the Worldwide Veterinary Service Expedition 2006 Sydney accompanied us on our jungle boat trip. She served as a teaching assistant and entertainment, as she was a master frisbee player, a talent I have never seen in a Peruvian dog. We buried her on property. Sydney, you will always be my baby and will always reign as the Queen of my Peruvian household. You are my angel, and I will always love you.

Me and Sydney Sydney's Final Resting Place

Return to Amazon Cares Website
Please Donate

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your thoughts! Please comment below! Comments are moderated and spam comments will be deleted.